COVID 19 Protocols:
As you have heard, most, if not all, of the Bay Area counties have issued “Shelter in Place of Residence” orders that went into effect 12:01 AM, March 17th. These orders exempt businesses that provide essential services. As we are a business that provides essential services, we have remained available to our clients and customers. Work will proceed on all exterior projects but we will immediately cease working inside any occupied dwellings, unless it is a life-safety situation.
For those ongoing projects, the Social Distancing protocols must be followed.
Practice Social Distancing:
• Maintaining at least six-foot social distance from other individuals
• Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand
• Covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands)
• Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces
• Refraining from shaking hands
Wash Hands Frequently:
• Wash your hands effectively. 10 seconds is NOT enough. A little soap between the palms and ignoring
other parts of the hands will not kill of the virus. People touch their hands to their face about 200
times a day — those pathogens can infect you via eyes, nose or mouth.
• It doesn’t matter whether the water is warm or cold.
• Antibacterial soap works just as well as regular soap. But running water is key, since standing water
could be contaminated.
• You need to clean the areas between your fingers, as well as your thumb and the backs of your
hands. Scratch your palms in order “to scrub the fingertips and to get some soap under the initial part
of the nail”
• Wash for at least 20 seconds — singing the “Happy Birthday” song twice or the alphabet song at a
reasonable pace will usually get you to that benchmark.
Perform routine environmental cleaning:
• Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops,
and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions
on the label.
• No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
• Use disposable wipes for doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks, etc.
• Employees will not work in areas where infections are present/active. If there are notice of quarantine
in a building where the employees are working, the employee will be removed from that site.
• It is unclear how long the Coronavirus can remain in the environment. Employees will be removed
from the site until further notice.
• Employees who feel they have been exposed must report to the Human Resources Department
immediately via phone and self-quarantine until further notice.
• Project Managers must reach out to each site regularly for status updates on the Coronavirus at each
• Project Managers must have daily communication with the employees regarding jobsite status.
Remember if you feel at all sick, you must stay home. Symptoms of COVID -19 include, but are not limited to, fever, cough, shortness of breath.